Winchester Ammunition NATO Ammunition 9mm 150Rd 124 GR
We have the best deals on ammo you can find online! Featuring cheap flat rate shipping no matter how much you order, be sure to stock up for your next day at the range or competition weekend.
Free shipping on orders over $800!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- No Hassle Refunds
- Secure Payments
winchester 9mm nato
But ammo buyers need to be aware that not everything is as it seems and not all ammo is created equal.
I found this Winchester “150 Round Value Pack” of 9mm NATO 124 gr ammo for sale at my local Gander Mountain for $49.99 recently. That works out to about $16.66 per 50, which is not bad for reloadable brass cased 9mm in the current market.
That is, until you read the (very) fine print on the bottom of the box that says, “These cartridges are loaded to military velocity and pressure; average pressure is 10% to 15% higher than industry standard pressure for 9mm Luger.”
This is obviously part of some military contract overrun packaged in bulk as cheap plinking ammo. The problem is the “10% to 15%” higher pressure puts this square in the 9mm +P category.
The Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturer’s Institute (SAAMI) actually goes as far as to list 9mm NATO as being “unsafe” for firearms chambered in the standard 9mm Luger caliber.
While the SAAMI recommendation may be overly cautious, the reality is that 9mm NATO spec ammo should only be shot through those pistols rated for 9mm +P ammo. While this does include most modern pistol designs, such as those made by GLOCK, HK, Sig Sauer, etc., there are modern pistols not rated for these higher pressures and a large number of older pistols out there that are not +P rated.
And, even if shooting higher pressure ammo through any particular pistol is safe, it does increase the wear and tear on the pistol’s components.
While I’m happy to see bulk 9mm ammo returning to the shelves, Winchester should have labelled these 9mm NATO boxes more clearly so shooters would have a better understanding of what they are buying.
DETAILS & SPECS
Features and Benefits
- 150-round box
- Made in USA
- 9mm caliber
- 124 grains
- Intended for target shooting
- Full metal jacket delivers reliable performance
- Number of rounds: 150
- Grain weight: 124
What’s in the Box
- Winchester USA 9mm NATO 124-Grain Handgun Ammunition
- You must be 18 or older to purchase Rifle or Shotgun Ammunition and 21 or older to purchase Handgun Ammunition. In ordering this product, you certify that you are of legal age and satisfy your jurisdiction’s legal requirements to purchase this product.
- For safety reasons, we do not accept returns on ammunition. Always make sure you use the correct ammunition for your specific firearm.
- The sale or shipment of this product to residents of certain jurisdictions is prohibited. Check your local laws before ordering this product. Check your local laws for any other regulations.
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Item will only be shipped using Ground Shipping to the contiguous 48 states only.
NATO Ammunition Specifications
- UPC: 020892221413
- Manufacturer: Winchester Ammunition
- Manufacturer Part #: USA9NATOY
- Model: USA
- Caliber: 9MM
- Grain Weight: 124Gr
- Type: Full Metal Jacket
- Units per Box: 150
- Units per Case: 750
- Subcategory: Handgun Ammunition
MidwayUSA was able to purchase a limited quantity of US Military 9mm Luger handgun ammunition manufactured by Winchester. This ammunition is known to be extremely reliable and consistent. Loaded to NATO specifications, this is the same ammunition as currently being shipped to American soldiers overseas.
Bulk Pack Information
- Box of 150: As shown
- Box of 750: 5 boxes of 150 WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Condition||New in Box|
|Manufacturer Part Number||USA9NATOY|